The Story

THE BLOG

Panama to Colombia // Sailing One World

“Lets sail to Colombia”

No joke, my first reaction to Brian’s suggestion was “are you %^&*(ing kidding me?” Mostly because, if you know me well, you know that boats and I have a bad history. It was an idea that completely terrified me. Sailing my very first passage. So, of course, I agreed.

Brian is a sailor. A very good one at that. So I completely trusted his judgement and his decision to use [Sailing One World].

I decided not to read any reviews of the trips and boats that take the same trip, via the San Blas Islands, to Colombia. Which, in my part, was a very wise decision. Some of these boats seem like they either screw over young backpackers or are filled with inexperience.

Not true with Sailing One World. They are incredible.

They may be new to the business, but I can wholeheartedly say that they are 100% the best boat you could take. IN YOUR FACE Lonely Planet.

The crew is young, fun, good cooks, wine drinkers (not while sailing dummies), and completely professional. Their boat, is stunning as you will see from the pictures.

I could go pages talking about the trip. But, lets just say that I will never forget such a memorable experience. I enjoyed every minute, made some absolutely amazing friends and didn’t vomit ONCE!

Also, the things I was able to see. I can’t believe my luck when I look at these pictures and realize I was able to see one of the most beautiful islands and sunsets I have ever laid eyes on.

From the moment we left Portobelo to the time we arrived in Cartagena, Colombia, it was all pretty magical.

Sailing One World.

Facebook Comments
  1. gabriel

August 1st, 2012 at 2:55 am

Test

2. Justin Scott

August 1st, 2012 at 3:00 am

What an awesome experience. I have become jealous of all the adventures and explorations you enjoy.I need to figure out a way to make that happen in my life again. You’re an inspiration!

3. Bogotá, Distrito Capital // Colombia // Gabriel Gastelum | Gabriel Gastelum | Photographer

December 18th, 2012 at 10:48 am

[…] our last leg of the trip we had [sailed in paradise] and spent a [couple of days in one of the most beautiful cities in the world]. So to say we were a […]

4. Miquel Wittstock

January 1st, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I haven’t checked in here for a while since I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I will add you back to my daily bloglist. You deserve it my friend 🙂

5. san blas sailing

April 18th, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Beautiful pictures! Beautiful islands! It offers everything a sailor can expect: coconut palms, white sand beaches, turquoise waters…

6. Leola Kemery

August 1st, 2013 at 8:45 am

Got my first letter yesterday! Loved it. I feel like I’m a aspect of something fantastic that is certainly just starting to happen. Feeling a strange perception of community around it all. Maybe you are on to something here! Who would have ever assumed that people would actually print out words on paper just to have it sent with the mail to another person’s mailbox. Next thing you know, peoe will probably be growing their own food and walking or riding bikes everywhere. It’ll never get the job done, damn progress.