The Story

THE BLOG

Editorial // Saturday Morning Cartoons

Remember when we were kids and we used to wake up on Saturday morning really excited to watch cartoons?

Well, some of us never really grow out of that.

The cool ones don’t at least.

Who is to say that age should stop us from sleeping in late, watching some cartoons, reading some comic books, playing with action figures, enjoying a good video game. Who is to say you can’t enjoy those Saturday mornings you did as a kid.

No one.

So go ahead.

Parker does.

Superheroes, villains, stories, excitement, sugar, nunchucks and undies. A good start if you ask me.

IMG_Parker Hurley // Editorial // Gabriel Gastelum

Facebook Comments
  1. gdxphoto: [Mornings with Parker Hurley] | Hung Magazine

February 18th, 2013 at 3:46 am

[…] [Mornings with Parker Hurley] […]

2. Johna193

May 19th, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Several of these games are worth some time and are actually quite fun. ceaafkckedek

3. Matt

February 19th, 2013 at 8:42 am

Can we get at least a few High-Res to download as wallpapers? They’re simply divine! 🙂

4. Mrs OC

February 19th, 2013 at 10:07 am

AWESOME! Loving this series (and your work more generally also)!

5. Yachirobi

February 19th, 2013 at 1:46 pm

This series broke my heart. I want to believe Parker really lives like this but I know he probably doesn’t. This entire picture spread captures my ideal husband. I need to find him.

6. Sin

February 20th, 2013 at 12:07 am

omnomnom. Trying to work out if he exists as within this series or if they’re two separate worlds collided together for the sake of the pictures…if only.

7. onias

February 22nd, 2013 at 4:05 am

morning wood with parker hurley, that’s a better title. 🙂

8. Margot

February 22nd, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Um.. this is the greatest thing I could ever stumble upon today…wow.. SO lovely

9. Alice A

February 24th, 2013 at 3:45 am

Can I please have him??

10. Rizz Rustbolt

February 24th, 2013 at 9:29 pm

That jerk owns Samurai Jack on DVD… I envy and hate him.
    I wonder if he would be interested in doing stunt work?

11. Szombat reggel Parker Hurleyval | HOM.hu

February 26th, 2013 at 1:45 pm

[…] (via gdxblog) […]

12. stephen

February 27th, 2013 at 7:39 pm

It might – – might – – be entertaining or even slightly arousing if this dude was even the LEAST bit interested in comics and not simply acting like some chump of a child who likes comics. This series is boring, bland, un-sexy, and trying to cater to something that I love. This doesn’t inspire me or get me hot, it pisses me off.

13. Lynn

February 28th, 2013 at 5:01 am

These are some really amazing shots. I could really understand the development of the scenes of the storyline, pure fun and took me back to those glorious weekend mornings. Not to mention Parker is gorgeous and I LOVE his tattoos.

14. Kelly

March 8th, 2013 at 10:22 am

hahaha you know, knowing Parker that is probably EXACTLY how he is living : ) He really is into comics his action figures toys and video games and that space looks exactly like somewhere Parker would live. I have to say of all the photos I’ve come across of him I never seen ones that define him so clearly.

15. éste blog mío – Domingos por la mañana

March 21st, 2013 at 5:07 am

[…] La serie completa se encuentra aquí. […]

16. Parker Hurley Justifies Saturday Morning Cartoons in Superhero Undies | Unicorn Booty

March 25th, 2013 at 9:28 pm

[…] his Nerdery, Parker was recently featured in a photo shoot by Gabriel Gastellum. Parker shows us all the reasons why we should get out of bed in the morning: Cartoons, Comics, […]

17. Parker Hurley Makes Our Saturday in Flash Briefs « boxers-or-briefs.com

March 30th, 2013 at 4:02 pm

[…] Hurley is a self-described “Superhero in Training.” This pic, part of the series “Saturday Morning Cartoons” photographed by Gabriel Gastelum, has gotten our attention faster than a speeding bullet. […]

18. Geekqueer ad honorem: Parker Hurley : GeekQueer.com

April 4th, 2013 at 5:49 pm

[…] artista, attore e modello, Parker è stato di recente immortalato dal fotografo americano Gabriel Gastellum in una serie di scatti che lo vedono nel salotto di casa con indosso solamente degli slip di Flash […]

19. LC

April 7th, 2013 at 7:34 am

This is literally my roomate!

20. Underwear Model Parker Hurley Covered In Paint: PHOTOS | NewNowNext

July 5th, 2013 at 5:18 pm

[…] images, Gastelum slathered Hurley in red and black paint for tone that’s darker than their previous shoot. ”The [last one] was really lighthearted and fun. So this one went in the complete opposite […]

21. db

July 13th, 2013 at 2:08 pm

to all you chump “haters”…it is a shame that the judgments pour in on the negative side. if anyone did any research they would realize that Parker IS an artist. His passion IS animation. he moved his life from East Coast to West Coast. What you see is HIS apartment. HIS art work. you all got a glimpse into HIS world and so many disbelieve the genuineattributes that this man has. I think Gabriel and Parker make a great team in artistic collaboration. I look forward to more. Thank You Gabriel and Thank You Parker. Los Angeles gained an artist on many levels. ~love & light, db

22. Kiki

July 20th, 2013 at 11:07 am

He looks like he’s having so much fun!!! this series is just adorable! I hope he’s is a real person and not just made up for these pictures!!! Love the tattoos!!!

23. Lelelel